- 3.5MM male fits any MP3 player, Smartphone, DVD, Navi ....
- Factory harness connects to the stereo Best sound possible. Not FM transmitter !
- In-dash 6-CD will remain working!
- For connection behind the stereo
- AUX cable 3,5 mm includid
BMW cable option Grom Cable-BMWTN
-3 Series (E46) 2001 to 2005 (all) Harman Kardon sytem also
- BMW-5 Series (E39) 1996 to 2006 (with out DSP)
- BMW-7 Series (E38) 1996 to 2001 (with out DSP)
- BMW-Z4 (E85) 2002 to 2009 (with out DSP)
- BMW-Z8 (E52) 2000 to 2003 (with out DSP)
- BMW-X3 (E83) 2003 to 2010 (with out DSP)
- BMW-X5 (E53) 1999 to 2006 (with out DSP)
Info: vehicle models and year of construction may vary by country.
Option1 BMW-TN: USB interface can be connected to existing CD changer ports in the trunk (via cable BMW-TN)BMW cable option 2 Grom Cable-BMWS
connected (6-pin and 3 pin plug). Installation time is about 2 minutes - really, anyone can.Our BMW-TN cable includes a noise filter, so all the noise of avionics removedoriginal CD Changer cabel 3 Pin+6 Pin Grom-BMW-TN cable in your BMW (if available)
Easy connection: original BMW CD changer cable and Grom-BMW-TN cable - Plug & Play.
See demo video:
Note for BMW trunk installations: Some BMW are factory wired for the callular phone. Except for wire location,
the factory cellular phone connector looks identical to the factory 3-pin connector for the CD-changer has a BROWN
wire (ground) in the #1 position. Pleas make certain you use this connector. The INCORRECT factory cellular phone
connector has a BROWN wire in the center position - DO NOT USE THIS CONNECTOR.
Info: Both plug types BMW-TN and BMW-S - have no difference in function and operation.
- Please choose the required cable under OPTIONS.
- Selected cable is provided at no extra charge.
Option2 BMW-S: Interface can be directly connected to the radio module - by BMW-S cable.Main information
BMW-S cable fits for both types of plug: 17 pin round and quadlock plug with flat pins.
Installation time is about 45 minutes. Instruction is provided Plug with round pins Plug with flat pins-Quadlock
AUX Input: Aux connection (for any additional audio source such as DVD, MP3 player, XM and more).
- Connect GROM-AUX1 car kit to your car stereo via CD changer or extension port (see manual for details)
- Place GROM-AUX1 module in the accessible location or route AUX and
other cables to the accessible location (glove box, arm rest, etc...)
- Your portable device or Android phone becomes a virtual CD changer
- Streaming online music with GROM-BTD Bluetooth module
- You will get CD quality sound directly to your car stereo
For more information for operation and limits- read FAQ
- Operating Temperature:-40C - +85 C (-50F - 200 F)
- Operating current: ~ 20mA
- Standby current: 1mA ~
- SN Ratio: 95dB
- DAC resolution: NA
- Distortion: 0.1%
- Dimensions: W / H / D - 60x 73x 20 Mm
- Weight: 60 grams
- Housing: ABS Plastics
- Color: black
- GROM Audio products are FCC and CE compliant.
The adapter comes with vehicle specific harness that will
also fit you car. It will also allow to retain Sattelite (only USA) and
existing CD changer !
In European countries, satellite radio is not supported. In most vehicles, a CD changer control is required. CD changer can not be used.
Before ordering please check our compatibility guide to make sure that your vehicle is compatible.
- Car stereo AUX1-adapter
- Vehicle specific harness
- AUX-In 3.5mm
- Operation manual
Optional accessories (purchase separately):
- see full Grom Accessories list
Instructions and Manuals
GROM-AUX1 Usage Manual (engl.)
Harness compatibility chartCheck FAQ