|Bluetooth paring manuals for Grom-BTD / Grom-BTX / Grom-BT3 seriesDisclaimer / Copyright
2.3 Pairing with the Phone
You need to pair the phone with your Bluetooth receiver only once.
1. Please make sure that Bluetooth function on your phone is active or turned on and that the phone is
set to be discoverable. Refer to your phone’s user manual to learn how to turn on and initiate the pairing
2. Turn ON vehicle and radio. GROM-BTD will become discoverable by your phone for 3 minutes. You
must pair your phone within that interval.
3. The pairing needs to be performed only once. After pairing is completed your phone will automatically
connect to GROM-BTD upon ignition start (whether radio on or off).
NOTE1: Your phone can ask for confirmation and you can get the pop-up message “Confirm that the
passkey “…” is shown on GROM-CAR”. Click “PAIR” then. Some phones can ask for pin code. Please enter
NOTE2: Certain vehicle electrical systems may activate Grom unit and BTD upon vehicle unlock.
NOTE3: GROM-BTD is on as long as vehicle is on. If radio is OFF, and you are receiving a call, you can
answer automatically by turning ON radio and selecting GROM mode.
2.4 Operating with more than one playing source connected.
If you have any audio player connected to the GROM-USB2 /IPD3 via AUX port – please disconnect the
player. You can leave AUX cable in its place. GROM-BTD will not be able to mute the audio player connected
via AUX cable.
You don’t have to disconnect the USB drive since it will be automatically muted once GROM-BTD is in use.
2.5 Using your phone in the hands-free mode
Once the Bluetooth is paired with the phone and the stereo is in GROM-USB /IPD3 mode (USB/iPod/AUX)
you can start using your phone hands free. Once you receive the phone call the stereo will mute and you will
hear the incoming call. Once you receive the call you are able to:
1. Answer Call – Press next track or track up.
2. Reject Call – Press previous track or track down.
3. End Call -- Press previous track or track down.
4. Call Waiting (answer a second call) -- Press next track or track up.
5. Voice dialing- Press SCAN twice within 3 seconds while in GROM mode
To make a phone call:
1. Dial the phone number on your phone.
2. Once the phone is dialing the music mutes and you start hearing the dialing. Once the phone is
answered you will start using it hands-free.
NOTE: If your stereo is in mode different then GROM-USB/IPD3 mode (FM, XM, etc.) and you receive a
phone call – please enter the GROM-USB / IPD3 mode by selecting it on the car stereo. Entering GROM
mode will automatically accept the call.
Full Manuals: GROM-BTD
Here is the quick demonstration of GROM Bluetooth reset applicable to BMW stereos with navigation.
the Bluetooth connection between GROM and the phone can get stuck, it
that case simple reset procedure
helps to restore the connection.
Disclaimer: Despite careful control we assume no liability for the content of external links. For the content of linked pages their operators are responsible.
Copyrights: The rights to all content, photos and graphics on this site are owned by the UMNO-tech and may not be used without permission of the person responsible for other purposes.