Direct USB Audio from Android phones (Jelly Bean USB Audio and AAlinQ 1.0.0)
AALinQ - Android in-car integration: Android Phone play, control and charge. If you have an Android Phone (including but not limited to Samsung Galaxy S, S II, S III) you can integrate it to your car stereo. Play the music, control it via car stereo or steering wheel buttons, and charge while in car - all with the standard MicroUSB to USB cable. There are no extra cables required. You will plug the MicroUSB cable to the USB port of GROM USB unit directly.
Download the FREE AALinQ App from the Google Play App Market:App Features (AALinQ-0.9.5)
Launch Play Store on your phone and enter AALinQ to locate the app and install it.
- AALinQ is a new way to use Android mobile device in the car. Large fonts, vivid colors make it simple to navigate your music in the car!
- No advertising or spying. Free to use.
- 5 band equalizer on all supported devices (2.1+)
- FLAC, WMA, AAC, OGG, AAC, MP3 supported
- Cover art download
- Large fonts, bright colors for in car use
- Gestures control
- Grid or List mode for Albums
- Voice control (BETA)
- Browsing available by: Folders, Artists, Albums or Playlists
- Folder browsing supports different track orders (from ID3 tags, from name, from playlist)
- Can make dynamic (on-the-go) playlists from any folder(s)
- Swipe left right for track change
- Swipe up/down for extra options
- Large track seeking bar
- 3D cover art animation
- Auto switch to Playing Now screen
- Bluetooth controls supported
- Lock screen controls displayed
- Non-ASCII charsets supported
For best integration with your car stereo- use GROM hardware interface and get digital clear sound, charge and full control from the factory radio.
With GROM interface the operation is simple:
2. Disk 1 is a On-The-Go playlist. Disk 2 is the first playlist, Disk 3 is second and so on
3. Only music indexed by AALinQ will be played
4. Titles and cover art displayed in player in portrait in and landscape mode
5. Full control from either AALinQ or GROM. Player stays n sync with stereo all the time
For best integration use AALinQ with GROM hardware. Easy to set up:
- Install GROM-USB2P, GROM-AND2 or GROM-MST3 module into your car
- Download free AALinQ app from Google Play and install it on your Android mobile device
- Connect your Android Smartphone or Tablet PC to GROM adapter via USB cable
- Debug mode will share fourth at connecting USB needs: Menu / Settings / Applications / Development / USB debugging - ON
- No special equipment needed, a MicroUSB data and charging cable is sufficient.
Most phones with 2.2 (Froyo), 2.3 (Gingerbread), 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwitch) and 4.1 (Jelly Baen) are supported.
NEW - ANDROID USB streaming
USB streaming with Android you can play music from any arbitrary app eg Play YouTube, TuneIn, music player via the USB cable.
Prerequisite: Smartphone or tablet with Android Jelly Bean firmware version 4.1 and higher.
In addition, a configuration file (Config) is to be stored on your Grom interface into the main directory.
Info: Control via radio buttons or steering wheel for AAlinQ app is no longer possible.
1. Make sure that the latest firmware for GROM-USB2, GROM-MST3 or GROM-AND2 is installed
2. On most phones to operate you will need to turn USB
Debugging option ON (Settings->Application->Development), follow
suggestions from AALinQ
3. If even after that your phone does not operate as it should - contact support
WRITE_SETTINGS - changes in Media DB for non ASCII characters support
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - cover art extraction
INTERNET - GROM connection
RECORD_AUDIO - voice control